Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Taitokerau Festival

14.04.2018

Te Taitokerau Festival

On Wednesday I went to Kerikeri high school with my mum, my brother and Komene to watch kapa haka. It was amazing because all the school were good. At the festival I brought me some slime and a stretchy ball. I played with them all day. When we got back to the marae we had hangi for dinner, it was so yum. Then we had our showers and went to bed early because we had to wake up early in the morning.

On Thursday the kapa haka group woke up early in the morning to get ready for the performance. I asked my mum if I could go on the bus with the group and she said yes. We sang all the way to Kerikeri. When we got to Kerikeri we only got to watch two performances and then Nga Wheinga a Rahiri was on stage. They were awesome when they performed on stage. My mum, Aunty Kathy, Tijuana, Jacqui, Forest and I did a haka tautoko to Nga Wheinga a Rahiri. I felt amazed about my brother Te Ari-Jack, Konrad, Rangi and Norms how they performed a hundy on stage. When I grow up like them I am gonna perform a hundy just like they did.

From Huhana-Jean Kopa-Matene

1 comment:

  1. Hi huhana,
    I really like your story about your trip to Keri high because you have described the performances very well because you named who was performing and you said that they done a very great job.Maybe next time you could have an interesting title.Keep up the good work,Blog ya later :)

    ReplyDelete